Monday 26 April 2010

Trying out some Ceramides!

At the moment, I'm trying this out as a leave-in instead of a washout conditioner as I find it gives my hair a nice boost in moisture, doesn't weigh it down too much (transitioning and texlaxed) and I can seal it in with oils like castor oil with great results. I used it to pull my hair back into a donut bun yesterday evening and I loved that my hair is softer but not sticking together.


The first one I used which I use for co-washes as a second (final) co-wash before rinsing and air-drying is also by L'oreal and it claims to have ceramide cement in it.

Why ceramides, you ask?

What are Ceramides

Ceramides are lipid molecules [lipids are non-water soluble compounds that are essential for cellular development.] Ceramides naturally protect the skin from moisture loss.

What does that have to do with hair?

Well, the same thing that ceramides do for your skin. They create a protective barrier around your hair to hold in moisture and protein, while simultaneously guarding your hair against the “bad things.” [e.g., heat damage, u/v rays, chemical processes.] They basically anchor protein to your hair and act as a shield around the hair shaft.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the ceramides, I have also started using them :)

    ReplyDelete

Hair Files

Hair Files
Protective styling to Waist Length!